Less than 2% of the five million teachers hired nationally are African American males.
The Purpose of this initiative is to provide young men with the leadership, character and maturity it takes to become a well-rounded student. Our work provides a safe space for young men of like interests to come together and discuss the issues that deeply affect young men of color. Here, they will train to become stellar students; develop a strong sense of self and community while sharpening their academic and social skills.
- Recruit, Mentor and Train a pool of Male Students of Color within partnering school districts
- Provide young men with the Leadership, Character and Maturity
- Close the achievement Gap - Increase the HS Graduation rate of Male Students of color
- Create a pool of trained tutors, who will serve as tutors and mentors in Community afterschool programs
- Serve as Role-Models for other male students within the districts.
- Provide linkage opportunities for partnering school districts to engage in the community to serve students and families to increase student academics